Board policies and procedures require development of a comprehensive planning process for the organization and delivery of postsecondary programs and courses by Idaho’s postsecondary institutions. Each public institution must prepare and submit plans of proposed new programs they anticipate offering consistent with their respective Statewide and Regional Program Responsibility. The Office of the State Board of Education incorporates each institution’s plans to create a rolling Five-Year Academic Plan that consists of proposed programs as well as current programs.
- Five-Year Plan (2016-2017)
- Five-Year Plan (2015-2016)
- Five-Year Plan (2013-2014)
- Five-Year Plan (2012-2013)
- Five-Year Plan Schedule
These plans are structured to address a five-year period of time with updates every year. The development of the Five-Year Plan consists of two phases.
- The first requires institutions to submit a Notice of Current Programs, which provides specific programmatic information for each current program offering with a statewide and/or regional responsibility. This serves as the mechanism for the development of the five-year plan.
- The second phase requires institutions to submit a Notice of Proposed Programs, which provides detailed programmatic information for each new program an institution anticipates delivering.
Five-Year Plan Instructions
Using the Excel template provided, institutions will provide detailed programmatic information for each current and proposed program with a Statewide and/or Regional responsibility pursuant to Board Policy III.Z., Planning and Delivery of Postsecondary Programs and Courses.