There are a few ways for you and your LEA to engage with this toolkit at no cost to you.
- Explore the facilitator guide and website asynchronously, using the components that will serve your LEA’s unique needs.
- Send representatives from your LEA to attend a synchronous virtual session facilitated by ALP explaining the toolkit and best practices in using it. This is recommended as you will hear about the design process (which included contributions and feedback from Idaho educators) and you will gain ideas of how other LEAs plan on using this tool while engaging with leaders from across the state.
- Attend small group coaching sessions focused on developing plans for professional learning in the 21-22 school year. These sessions will be held in June (dates TBA).
- Partner with NNU (or an institution of your choosing) to offer teachers graduate credit by engaging in 15 hours of learning through the toolkit. Come to one of the training sessions to learn more!
- Additional coaching sessions with ALP will be offered in the fall, along with an opportunity for co-facilitation if your LEA has this desired need.
Dates for Tookit Training
May 19 @ 1-2 pm MT (Register)
May 20 @ 4-5 pm MT (Register)
May 25 @ 3-4 pm MT (Register)
May 26 @ 1-2 pm MT (Register)
May 27 @ 3-4 pm MT (Register)
Anyone who facilitates professional learning for educators is welcome to attend our May sessions. This includes district leaders, principals, instructional technologists, coaches, teachers or someone else! Facilitators who attend one of our May sessions will have the opportunity to participate in ongoing learning over the summer around the toolkit to earn a graduate credit from NNU.
We recognize that each LEA has its own professional learning models and calendars and we hope that this toolkit is a resource that compliments your plans by addressing key issues facing educators today. Our goal is to provide a variety of supports that are customized to each LEA and facilitator. Attending one of these introductory sessions will be an excellent starting point for all those charged with providing professional learning opportunities for your educators.