The process below should be followed if you believe you were errantly disqualified from receiving the Master Educator Premium based upon minimum eligibility requirements.
Idaho Code §33-1004I establishes a Master Educator Premium and the minimum requirements for eligibility. To be eligible for the Master Educator Premium an individual must:
- be employed as a certificated instructional staff member or pupil service staff member in an Idaho public school,
- have eight or more of experience years of teaching experience provided that the three (3) years immediately preceding the award must be continuous and in Idaho. The remainder of the teaching experience making up the eight (8) years must have been earned in Idaho or in a compact-member state pursuant to section 33-4101, Idaho Code;
- be able to demonstrate mastery of instructional techniques for no fewer than three (3) of the previous five (5) years of instruction through:
- Artifacts demonstrating evidence of effective teaching; and
- Successful completion of an annual individualized professional learning plan; and
Additionally, as applicable to the type of certification:
- A majority of an instructional staff employee’s students must meet measurable student achievement as defined in section 33-1001, Idaho Code, for no fewer than three (3) of the previous five (5) years.
- A majority of a pupil service staff employee’s students must meet measurable student achievement or measurable student success indicators, as defined in section 33-1001, Idaho Code, for no fewer than three (3) of the previous five (5) years.