Agencies of the State Board of Education
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Rehabilitation is a state-federal program whose goal is to assist people with disabilities prepare for, secure, retain or regain employment.
Idaho Public Television
Idaho Public Television holds in the public trust television and related broadcast telecommunication licenses issued and governed by the Federal Communications Commission. IdahoPTV is a statewide, non-commercial broadcast telecommunication system and new media provider based in the capital city of Boise with additional staffed facilities in Moscow and Pocatello.
Office of the Idaho State Board of Education
The Office of the State Board of Education assists the Board in the execution of its legal responsibilities. Consistent with that role, the office functions to:
- Provide information, analysis, and recommendations associated with the Board's decision-making processes.
- Coordinate the functions and activities of the agencies, institutions governed by or funded through the Board.
- Initiate, in cooperation with the agencies and institutions, long-term planning efforts which are responsive to emerging legal, social, and fiscal events in the state, region, and nation.
- Interact, as directed by the Board, with other branches and representatives of state government.
- Provide public information with respect to the Board, its policies, and its institutions and agencies.
- Establish and coordinate the Board's plan for postsecondary education.
- Administer all programs and services assigned to the Board by statute, regulation, or appropriation.
Career Technical Education
The mission of Idaho Career & Technical Education (ICTE) is to prepare youth and adults for high-skill, in-demand careers. ICTE is an administrative arm of the State Board of Education that provides funding, technical assistance, advocacy, and oversight for CTE programs at Idaho’s high schools and six technical colleges: North Idaho College, Lewis-Clark State College, College of Western Idaho, College of Southern Idaho, Idaho State University and Eastern Idaho Technical College. ICTE also provides resources and oversight for Idaho’s Adult Basic Education and GED programs.
State Department of Education
The Idaho State Department of Education is accountable for the success of all Idaho students. As leaders in education, we provide the expertise and technical assistance to promote educational excellence and highly effective instruction.