The Business Affairs and Human Resources Committee is composed of two (2) or more members of the Board appointed by the president of the Board, who designates one (1) member to serve as chairperson and spokesperson of the committee, and is staffed by the Board’s Chief Fiscal Officer. The Business Affairs and Human Resources Committee may appoint a working unit or units, as necessary, to advise the committee. One such working unit shall be the Financial Vice Presidents council, which shall be composed of the Board’s Chief Fiscal Officer and the chief financial officers of the institutions and agencies. The chairperson presents all committee recommendations to the Board.
Responsibilities and Procedures
The Business Affairs and Human Resources Committee is responsible, through its various working unit or units, for making recommendations to the Board in the following general areas:
- Agency and institutional financial agenda items;
- Coordination and development of guidelines and information for agency and institutional budget requests and operating budgets;
- Long-range fiscal planning;
- Fiscal analysis of the following:
- New and expanded financial programs;
- Establishment, discontinuance or change in designation of administrative units;
- Consolidation, relocation, or discontinuance of programs;
- New facilities and any major modifications to facilities which would result in changes in programs or program capacity;
- Student fees and tuition; and
- Other matters as assigned by the Board.
The Business Affairs and Human Resources Committee may establish necessary procedures to carry out its responsibilities. Such procedures must be consistent with the Board’s Governing Policies and Procedures. The Board’s chief fiscal officer, under the direction of the chairperson, prepares the agenda for the Business Affairs and Human Resources Committee work that is under consideration at each meeting of the Board.