More speciﬁcally, learner-ready teachers have deep knowledge of their content and how to teach it; they understand the differing needs of their students, hold them to high expectations, and personalize learning to ensure each learner is challenged; they care about, motivate, and actively engage students in learning; they collect, interpret, and use student assessment data to monitor progress and adjust instruction; they systematically reﬂect, continuously improve, and collaboratively problem solve; and they demonstrate leadership and shared responsibility for the learning of all students.
Idaho strives to approve and hold accountable teacher preparation programs that produce learner-ready teachers. Each year Idaho approved teacher preparation program’s report data on admission requirements, standards and assessments. That data is currently collected in the Federal Title II Reports, click on Idaho.
Standards for Educator Preparation
To learn more, please see our Standards for Educator Prepraration.
The Educator Preparation Programs listed below are approved by the Idaho State Board of Education.
Public and Non-Public Traditional Educator Preparation Programs:
- Boise State University, Dr. Sherry Dismuke, (208) 426-1991
- Brigham Young University – Idaho, Dr. Melissa Green, (208) 496-4137
- College of Idaho, Dr. Kevin Talbert, (208) 459-5232
- Idaho State University, Dr. Emma Wood, (208) 282-5443
- Northwest Nazarene University, Dr. LoriAnn Sanchez, (208) 467-8457
- University of Idaho, Dr. Taylor Raney, (208) 885-1027