The state of Idaho’s public higher education institutions are:
- Boise State University (Boise, Idaho)
- Idaho State University (Pocatello, Idaho)
- Lewis-Clark State College (Lewiston, Idaho)
- University of Idaho (Moscow,Idaho)
- College of Eastern Idaho (Idaho Falls, Idaho)
- College of Southern Idaho* (Twin Falls, Idaho)
- College of Western Idaho* (Nampa, Idaho)
- North Idaho College* (Coeur d’Alene, Idaho)
The State Board serves as the Board of Trustees for state-sponsored public four-year colleges and universities and the Board of Regents for the University of Idaho. As Board of Trustees or Regents for institutions, the appointed members oversee the activities of the institution, as defined in each institution’s bylaws.
* Institutions with locally elected boards of trustees working directly with the State Board to coordinate academic programs.
See Public Higher Education and Private Higher Education for complete information on each institution. See also the Roles and Missions and Coverage subsections of the governing policies and procedures.