GEAR UP is a national discretionary grant program funded by the US Department of Education designed to increase the number of low-income students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education. GEAR UP provides six-year grants to states to facilitate services and scholarships through the first year of college.
The GEAR UP Idaho Scholarship is available to students who participated in the early intervention component (7th-10th grade) of the GEAR UP program and graduated high school (or its equivalent) in 2012, 2013 or 2014. Awards will range from $0 to the equivalent of that year’s maximum Pell grant award and is renewable for up to four years.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- The GEAR UP Idaho Scholarship is available to students who participated in the GEAR UP program and graduated high school (or its equivalent) in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Applicants must be less than 22 years old at the time they receive their first scholarship award.
- Applicants must possess a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Applicants must have completed and submitted the initial scholarship application prior to graduating from high school.
- Applicants must have completed and submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA priority deadline was on or before February 15 of the student’s graduation year.
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for full-time enrollment in a program of undergraduate instruction at an eligible institution of higher education that is located within Idaho’s boundaries. Accepted institutions include any Idaho public regionally accredited institution under the general supervision and governance of the Idaho State Board of Education, and any private, non-profit, regionally accredited institution, as listed below.
|North Idaho College||Idaho State University|
|Lewis-Clark State College||College of Western Idaho|
|College of Southern Idaho||College of Idaho|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||Northwest Nazarene University|
|University of Idaho||BYU Idaho|
|Boise State University|
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.