Students who are current recipients of the Idaho Postsecondary Credit Scholarship must complete a renewal application every year.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Attending or graduating from an accredited Idaho high school (or equivalent) starting in the spring of 2016
- Has earned ten (10) or more postsecondary semester credits at the time of graduation from high school or graduated from high school with an associate degree
- Has obtained a matching academic scholarship that is merit-based from a business or industry, or entities representing business or industry. Merit-based is defined as a competitive scholarship in which academic achievement at the high school level is a minimum eligibility requirement and awards are made based on the achievement of the student.
- Must attend an eligible Idaho college or university
Matching Scholarship Guidelines:
- Must be merit-based, meaning the scholarship has a minimum eligibility requirement and awards are made based on the achievement of the student.
- Must be from a business or an organization representing a business or industry. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Scholarships for recipients going into a specific field such as nursing, teaching, engineering, etc.
- Scholarships from an organization representing a specific industry such as societies for engineering, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Scholarships may not be from a postsecondary institution foundation or funds appropriated by the State of Idaho.
- Scholarship must be from the current academic year.
Find Matching Scholarships
To assist in finding eligible matching scholarships for the Postsecondary Scholarship Program, please visit the Idaho Scholarship Listing on the Next Steps website. Make sure that you select the filter box for Postsecondary Credit. This list is a starting point. There may be many other scholarships that qualify.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.