Consider the following before investing in your private postsecondary education:
- Verify that the proprietary school is registered with the Idaho State Board of Education.
- Proprietary schools are prohibited from offering degrees.
- Be aware that most proprietary schools are not accredited and have not been through the rigorous review process involved with independent accreditation.
- Research the curriculum followed by the school to ensure that it is recognized by respected trade associations or licensing boards.
- Understand the total cost of the program.
- Understand the time required to complete the program.
- Research whether complaints have been made against the school. The Better Business Bureau may be a good resource.