TREASURE VALLEY STUDENTS WIN VIDEO CONTEST AND EARN GRANT MONEY
(Boise) The Office of the Idaho State Board of Education announced today that Eagle High School students Karlee Bonander and Colton Swanson have won the 2011 Statewide FAFSA Completion Video Contest. Swanson and Bonander will share the $1,000 first prize awarded to the pair.
Entrants were asked to create a 30 second video promoting the 2011 Statewide FAFSA Completion Event which is sponsored by the Federal College Access Challenge Grant (CACG). Idaho was awarded 1.5 million dollars, renewable for 5 (five) years under the Grant for work to help Idaho students realize post-secondary education.
Two pair of Eagle High School students took second place and third place honors with students from Mountain View High School in Meridian earning honorable mentions. All students who placed in this year's contest will be honored by the Idaho State Board of Education February 17, 2011 at Boise State University.
- First place team- $1,000 Karlee Bonander & Colton Swanson (Eagle High School)
- Second place team - $750 - Stephen Fry & Montana Burke (Eagle High School)
- Third place team - $500 - Michael Eisenberg & Ashlynn Thompson (Eagle High School)
- Honorable Mention team - $125 - Julia Upchurch & Jake Duncan (Mountain View High School)
- Honorable Mention - $125 - Brittany Hassis (Mountain View High School)