The Idaho Governor's Cup Scholarship provides approximately 25 awards, depending on funding, to Idaho high school seniors planning to attend an Idaho college or university.
The number of awards is conditional on the availability of funds. Awards will be available to scholars pursuing academic and career technical education. This is a $3,000 award, renewable up to four years for academic programs and up to three years for career technical programs.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Idaho
- Be a graduating senior of an Idaho high school
- Enroll as a full-time student in an academic or technical program at an Idaho college or university (and take the ACT or SAT if enrolling in an academic program)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Attend the first semester of college following graduation
- Write a 500-word personal essay about your goals and interests
- High consideration for selection will be based on a demonstrated commitment to public service. Documentation of volunteer work, leadership, and public service is required.
For further details on eligibility and program administration please see the Governor's Cup Scholarship Guidelines.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.