To qualify for this scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be less than 22 years old at time they first receive their scholarship award.
- Applicants must have participated in an Idaho GEAR UP program during the grant years Fall 2011 – Spring 2018 at one of the following school districts:
|American Falls||Minidoka SD|
|Gooding||Stuart/Canyon Ridge HS|
|Lake Pend Oreille (Clark Fork Jr/Sr High School)||West Bonner County|
- Applicants must possess a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Applicants must be accepted and enroll for full-time enrollment in a program of undergraduate instruction at an eligible institution of higher education that is located within Idaho’s boundaries. Eligible institutions include any Idaho public, regionally accredited institution under the general supervision and governance of the Idaho State Board of Education and any private, non-profit, regionally accredited institution, as listed below:
|North Idaho College||Idaho State University|
|Lewis-Clark State College||BYU Idaho|
|College of Southern Idaho||Northwest Nazarene University|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||College of Idaho|
|University of Idaho||College of Western Idaho|
|Boise State University|
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 1 of the graduation year.
- Eligible applicants may receive the scholarship for a maximum of four years (8 semesters) starting in the fall following their high school graduation. Any years not applied for will be forfeited.
- GEAR UP Idaho Scholarship Overview
GEAR UP Scholarship Amounts
Awards will vary based on the number of applicants and funds available on an annual basis.
For further details on eligibility and program administration please see the Federal Statute.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.